Happy birthday to Joe Perry! He currently has released the most solo albums of any member of Aerosmith including how many by his 80’s band the Joe Perry Project?
ANSWER: Three – “Let the Music do the Talking,” “I Got the Rock n’ Rolls again,” and “Once a Rocker, Always a Rocker.”
What else happened on this day in rock n’ roll history? Here’s the Rock N’ Roll Diary for September 10, from the College of Classic Rock Knowledge – 100.7 WZLX!
- 1963: The Rolling Stones were visited by Paul McCartney and John Lennon at Studio 51 where they were rehearsing. Lennon and McCartney sang “I Wanna Be Your Man” and invited the Stones to record it which they did .
- 1964: Rod Stewart recorded his first single today: “Good Mornin’ Little Schoolgirl”.
- 1970: The FCC released a list of songs “that have references to the use of narcotics.” The curious list included 19th “Nervous Breakdown” by the Rolling Stones as well as “With a Little Help from My Friends” and “Happiness is a Warm Gun” by the Beatles.
- 1981: It was a harsh day for Rick Derringer. His van containing all his musical equipment was stolen from in front of his house.
- 1996: John Mellencamp released Mr. Happy Go Lucky and REM unleashed New Adventures In Hi-Fi.
In the WZLX ticket stash…
- 1977: We had the Music Jamboree with the Aztec Two Step, Don Mclean, Jonathan Edwards, and others in Deerfield, New Hampshire.
- 1978: Bonnie Raitt was at Club Casino on Hampton Beach in 1978.